moose4hire

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Senior year

So my senior year of high school starts. This was it; I had 9 months to go of high school. I forgot to mention that I was still a band nerd at this point because my mom felt that if I was in an extra curriculum activity I could not get into trouble. Well not so true. At this time the Miss America pageant was still held in Atlantic City and our school band went down to march in the parade, something about show us your shoe parade or something like that. Well it was always held on a Friday night, well the day we were suppose to go to this parade, I decided to skip school, so I had the whole day and night to be free. It was my friend Kelly and her bf at the time and this kid Jessie. **let me fill you in on Jessie, he dad was killed when we were in 6th grade by a drunk driver and he was in the car also, needless to say they got lots of money from this car accident***** So the 4 of us drove up to the poconos where Jessie’s family had a cabin in this gated community and they had a club house with a heated indoor pool and spa. Well I also got to try cocaine for the first time. I like cocaine but didn’t like the drips into my throat and the fact that the high wore off so fast. At this point in my life I was still a virgin, but I am sure if I wanted to I could have lost it that day, but I didn’t. We just swam and soaked in the hot tubs, and snorted coke. I don’t remember much of the rest of the day after we left there, I do remember going back to our town and swing my mom there and me hiding from her in the back of Kelly’s car, that was pretty funny. I also remember sitting in my car waiting for the buses to return back from the parade, then I called one of the freshmen’s over and asked them how it was and he said they got rained on the whole parade, so I stopped at the gas station and got 2 bottles of water and poured them over my band uniform so that it was wet, and then I went home and laid it out in the living room so it looked like that my uniform was soaking wet from the rain.

I also remember that my parents went away for a weekend trip and that Friday night that they left, I called Kelly to come on over and she did and she brought her boyfriend and another friend of ours and heroine. Now I never tried this before so I was kind of nervous plus I did not want to stick a needle in my arm and I heard all about how addictive it was. Well we didn’t do it with a needle we snorted it. I absolutely loved the high; it was like cocaine high but 10 times better and 8 hours longer. It was wonderful, I felt so numb and that is all I ever wanted in life, was just to have all the pain to go away.

Then October came around, Kelly dropped out of school, so did a lot of my other friends, they were just leaving one by one. I was left all alone. Travis and I were still fooling around, and I decided that I was a senior and I wanted to lose my virginity to get it over and done with. So one Sunday in October when I knew my family would be gone for the day I invited Travis over. Now Travis thought I already had sex before and I wasn’t going to tell him different. Well I guess I should have because he was more well off then I thought and he hurt me bad, maybe if he would have known that I was still a virgin he may have taken it easy on me. 2 weeks after we had sex Travis quit working and I never seen him again.

So there I was not a virgin anymore, no boyfriend, no friends left in school, I was alone again. I hated that feeling, that feeling of emptiness. No I had said before that the people I was friends with were the “bad kids” Now we all know about how kids have stereotypes in school, My friends that all quit school were consider, the druggies or wiggers. Then we had the Jocks, Preps, Snobs, Punks, Hicks, and the Geeks. Well consider all my friends left, I felt alone , so I started talking to some of the people that were considered the “hicks” now this was a big no no, because the hicks and the wiggers do not get along, because rap and country music do not combine, you were not aloud to like both. Well I did because I was raised on country music. So the underclassmen that were in the wigger group, totally got pissed at me, because I made new friends. I do not regret to this day making that decision.

My new friends helped me see that drugs were not good, so they were my support system. I totally stopped the drugs. I went to school almost all the time, except like once a month we would go for breakfast, but we just went in late.

We all sat at the same lunch table and we were known as the senior screaming table, because we were loud and had fun, it was just so nice to have them accept me for who I was and not for who they wanted me to be. At first they were very leery of me because they didn’t understand why I wanted to be with them, but after a while I opened up and they warmed up to me. And it wasn’t like I didn’t know this people, like Jenn or “fur” as we called her, I knew her since I was in 6th grade, she invited me to her birthday party in 6th grade. Billy, we knew each other since kindergarten, me and him and another kid Matt, we best friends in elementary school. The others I knew from passing in the halls and classes and stuff.

We were inseperatable. But we were not snobby, we still talked to other people, we were well liked, except for me, because I was known as a trader, amongst my old friends. I remember senior prom to this day. I went with a friend Will, he was/is such a sweet guy, never made a move on me until I made a move on him. After the prom we went to Jackson house and had a big old bon fire and camp out. It was so nice, no drugs, no alcohol, just friends hanging out enjoying each other, without having to have drugs or alcohol to have the good time.

Graduation came and this was the day I was dreading. 9 months earlier I couldn’t wait for this day to come but now that I was there I didn’t want it to end. I was not happy about what I had to do after high school. My mom made me go to a business school of her choice and a major of her choice, I really didn’t have a say in it, but I figured anything to keep her happy was the best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home