moose4hire

Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Rough child hood

Growing up in my home was difficult. I never knew where I belonged. My mom would leave for work before we woke up for school and would be sleeping when we got home. So as soon as we got home from school we were to start our home work. And after that, we either had to find dinner for ourselves, or if for some rare chance my step dad was coming home for dinner my mom would actually cook. We were expected to do certain things around the house and if we didn't we would get yelled at. We were expected to bring home good grades and if we didn't we would get yelled at. I am not saying my mom was mean, but she wasn't Mrs. Cleaver either. I mean every summer I was pawned off on someone else. When I was young I went to my grandparent's. The summer I was 13 and 14 I went to my aunt and uncles house in Connecticut to baby sit my 2 cousin's. It was nice there, they lived near the beach that we could walk to and they had a pool in their back yard. So yeah a normal teenager would enjoy it because my aunt paid me by taking me school clothes shopping and she was up on all the newer fashions and such. But when you are 50 lbs overweight u can't fit the newest fashions and she hated the fact that I wanted to shop in the boys section instead of the cutesy girls section. Grunge was in what could I say. I was working for her so I want to be paid in stuff that I was going to wear. My aunt hating shopping with me and I just hated shopping.

My freshman year in high school was okay, I hung out with mostly seniors because my sister was a senior. I was a band nerd, I had a few friends that were in my grade but didn't really hang with them. My sister and I became very close that year.

The summer in between my freshman and sophomore year, I was shipped to my aunt and uncle’s again to babysit. I was very depressed and just wanted to go home. I was 14 I wanted to be with my friends and my sister, but no I had to go because my mom didn't want to be bothered with me. I returned home to find out that my sister started dating this guy and she was never home or when she was home he was there with her. So I felt like I was losing her.

My sophomore year started rough because I lost my sister and my pals because they graduated. I started to get into a group of friends that were let’s just say the 'bad kids" we skipped school, did drugs, and got in trouble in school. I loved my new friends; they welcomed me with open arms. They were there when I needed them, or so I thought. I was free to do what I wanted because I didn’t have to worry about any of my family to find out because my sister was no longer there. And as long as I kept my grades stable my mom was not the wiser. The last day of my sophomore year I come home to my mom yelling at me and I was like what is going on? She showed me a note that said my sister and her boyfriend had decided to take off because he got kicked out of his parent’s house. The next 10 days were horrible all my mom did was cry and worry about my sister. Finally my brother calls to say they showed up at his house. So there we were packing over night bags at 6 at night and taking off to rescue my sister so to say. We were there for like 2 days and I guess my sister said she would come home and blah blah blah. And we headed back home. My mom and I in one car and my sister and her boyfriend left a few hours after we did.

Well we get home and my sister calls and says that she is not coming home but instead she was going to live with her boyfriend in some sleezy hotel. My mom was pissed off. And told my sister she didn’t want to see her again. So there I was caught between my mom and my sister.

The good thing that happened that summer was that my friend’s mom had bought a restaurant and she asked me to come work there on the weekends. So My mom would drive me to the restaurant on a Friday night and I would work and then I would go home with my friend and spend the weekends at her house. Now some times we would work on a Saturday sometimes we wouldn’t. and her parents were big partiers so we would get dropped off at her house on a Saturday night and then we were free to do what we wanted. So we in turn would party too. I thought it was the life. My mom was too wrapped up in my sister’s business to worry about me. I mean after all I was out of sight and out of mind to her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home